How To Install Official Cyanogenmod 14.1 In Oneplus 2
Some time ago Google announced the launch of latest Android version and decided to name it “Android Nougat”. It is packed in with great new features. Currently, only a few devices officially have the software. However, Cyanogen as always is ahead of everyone and released official Cyanogenmod 14.1 that runs on Android 7.1.
Devices that currently can run this CM 14.1 includes variants of Google/Android One, Motorola, Oneplus, and Xiaomi. Right now, let us see how to install Cyanogenmod 14.1 in your Oneplus 2 device.
Read the article completely to install Android 7.1 in your Oneplus 2 device.
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- TWRP Recovery which you can download from this here
- CM 14.1 ROM file. Download link
- Google apps to install after updating software. Download from here.
How to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery:
- Download Fastboot and install it on your computer. During the process, fastboot drivers will be installed automatically.
- After installation, Goto the installed location then Right Click>Open Terminal Here . Usually, the location is “C:\adb”
- Use the command to check the device. If it returned nothing, Please consider repairing the drivers.
- Power off the device, Press and hold Power button and Volume Up buttons together to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the phone to PC via USB.
- Use the command to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
- Now flash the recovery using the command
fastboot flash recovery [filename].img
- That’s it. Bootloader is unlocked and TWRP recovery is installed. Now, Don’t power on the device as it will restore the original stock recovery. Press and hold Power button and Volume Down button to enter into TWRP Recovery.
How to Flash CyanogenMod 14.1:
- Before installing a new ROM, You need to wipe the data. You can do this by selecting “Wipe” option in the recovery menu.
- Now tap Install. Select the CyanogenMod 14.1 file by navigating to the downloaded location.
- After installing the software, Install GApps by following the same procedure. When the installation is over, The device will be ready to boot.
- Now you can reboot the phone. Remember! First boot always takes more time.
Congrats! You are now running on CyanogenMod 14.1 i.e Android N. Love the taste or not? Comment down below. 😉